‘Back-to-school’ can be tough on parents and kids.
Our Parent Line NSW Team share their top 5 tips to manage back-to-school meltdowns:-
1. Delay booking lots of after school activities until later in the year
2. Allowing lots of free play is stress reducing and a child’s way of problem solving
3. Use dinner time as a time for positive reflection on the day as well as communicating safety and stability
4. Rehearse positive ways to address friendship issues before they arise
5. Have a chat with the teacher. Small issues that generate a lot of anguish can be easily resolved with parents and teacher working together
To speak with a professional parenting counsellor, call the Parent Line team direct on 1300 1300 52, 7 days a week